ATLAS GROWERS LTD.
LOCATION: EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA
POSITION: FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION & OPERATIONS TECHNOLOGY
Founded in 2015, Atlas Growers is a Canadian pharmaceutical cannabis production company located near Edmonton, Alberta. We strive to improve people’s lives by producing high-grade cannabis flower and related cannabis products while simultaneously leading the industry on the science behind the historically misunderstood and misrepresented cannabis plant. With a talented team of educated, experienced and dedicated members, a growing list of exciting new partnerships, and our ultramodern cannabis production facility and laboratory; we hope to change the framework of what is understood about cannabis while pushing the limits on the myriad of medically viable phytochemicals it produces.
Our state-of-the-art, purpose built 38,000 square foot building, is designed to cultivate and process the highest-grade cannabis products possible. The technology incorporated into the building and industry-leading cultivation practices are coupled with a fully indoor, climate-controlled environment to enable the customizable ecosystems needed to properly cultivate the cannabis plant at maximum efficiency.
We have set a priority to facilitate further scientific research on medical cannabis through strategic partnerships with local agricultural professionals, Canadian universities, and international horticulture experts. The goal of this research is to provide clinical, reliable data to Canadians and the world as this nascent industry evolves. By doing so, Atlas offers opportunities for healing and hope.
This is a rare and immense opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of a premium pharmaceutical cannabis producer. With it, you’ll get the chance to directly impact a burgeoning industry and work with other highly motivated individuals in creating its identity. If you believe in our mission, and know you can offer the type of passion, knowledge, and expertise necessary for this position, we’d like to hear from you.
Full Stack Web Developer
Reporting to the Director of Technology, Atlas is looking for a Mid to Senior Software Developer to join the team to maintain and improve our online e-commerce presence and custom-built apps and tools.
We are passionate about delivering high-quality medical cannabis products directly to patients through our online store while working within the constraints of Canadian cannabis regulations and prescription limits set by health care practitioners for their patients.
We’ve built a set of custom apps and tools that integrate with our online store to help manage this in the most efficient manner possible. You will continually monitor, maintain, and improve our online store and custom-built apps and explore new features and technologies to ensure a fast a reliable experience for all parties involved. You are skilled in front-end web development using React and have experience as a back-end developer using Node.js and databases.
You are an experienced web developer having real-world programming experience, as well as a technical degree.
Reports to: Director of Technology
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain e-commerce and custom-built web applications
- Maintain our custom Shopfiy theme
- Maintain our custom-built patient management and patient dashboard apps that integrate with our Shopify store
- Work on new features and enhancements to our custom-built patient management tools and patient dashboard apps
- Work on enhancements to our custom Shopify theme including product pages to build new interactive and visual ways of presenting product details
- Monitor apps to ensure they remain online and bring them back online if they crash
- Use tools like Sentry.io to find and fix bugs and crashes in our custom-built apps
- Use user feedback to work on enhancements to our online store, patient management and patient dashboard apps
- Work on custom integrations between our Shopify store and ERP system
- Build tools to pull data from our different systems for reporting and analytics purposes (both for internal and regulatory related reporting and analytics)
- Build custom tools and dashboards to integrate various internal systems such as ERP, environmental control servers, access control servers, etc.
- Ad-hoc web development requests as needed
- Other web development
- Build and maintain marketing websites for some of our brands
Computer Science or related diploma or degree
Previous work samples demonstrating proficiency in building highly interactive web applications
5+ years of software development experience
You’ll need to be highly proficient with the following technologies and practices
- Building and maintaining a single-page web application in React.js (3+ years)
- js backend (we use Express) (2+ years)
- SQL and NoSQL databases (we use PostgreSQL and MongoDB)
- Experience working with WebSockets
- Git and GitHub workflow
- Building responsive, sophisticated UIs that can update in real-time
- Test-driven development and continuous integration
- Cross-browser and cross-device testing and best practices
- Building APIs with Apollo GraphQL
- Building RESTful APIs
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience building custom themes for Shopify
- Experience using Shopify Polaris design system components
- Experience with high-traffic/volume web applications
- An interest in UX and building user-friendly interfaces
- Containerization (Docker)
- io or other real-time notification frameworks
- Latest trends in HTML and CSS
Skills and Abilities
- Solid understanding of web standards and the ability to work within a development team
- Strong attention to detail and desire to create something amazing
- Writing clean, maintainable code and designing with scalability in mind
- Excited about hearing from our users and improving the product based on that feedback
- Comfortable in a team environment but also able to be an independent worker
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- Can work with a high degree of autonomy
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Uphold confidentiality, ethics, and demonstrate a high level of discretion at all times
- Proficient in spoken and written English
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Atlas Growers is an Equal Opportunity Employer