Aurora Cannabis is looking for a SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER to join our business projects group in the fast-paced cannabis industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading both strategic and operational initiatives to ensure they are delivered on schedule and on budget.
- Work with both departmental stakeholders and executive leadership group to develop, define and prioritize the strategic objectives for all initiatives
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders to build out robust plans to drive the entire lifecycle of both strategic and operational initiatives
- Coordinate all necessary resources to ensure timely delivery of projects – be solutions-oriented to resolve any and all issues which may impact the successful (and timely) completion of integrations projects
- Ensure that all project resources are adhering to proper governance (documentation, tools, best practices, etc) as defined by the PMO
- Ensuring that project managers are accountable for the timely completion of all initiatives
- Report on project metrics to keep project stakeholders and senior management informed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong ethical compass in all business decision-making and interpersonal relationships.
Motivated by a rapid business tempo and a desire to build a strong international company with a pristine reputation.
- Ability to operate strategically and/or operationally, as the situation requires.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in achieving business objectives.
- Experience managing multiple projects involving multi-disciplinary teams operating in a fast-paced, innovation driven environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the emerging cannabis industry would be considered an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years experience in a program/project management capacity
- Experience working within a PMO framework
- PMP designation or equivalent certification is considered an asset
- Experience in a business process improvement role considered an asset
- Experienced in Change Management
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to do business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.