At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world’s leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
The Human Resources Business Partner is a key position within Canopy. Located in Smiths Falls or Kanata, ON, this position will report directly to the Manager, Human Resources. The HR Business Partner is a driven, highly organized, outstanding communicator with the ability to multitask when priorities change. The successful candidate possesses excellent administrative and computer skills. This role includes working collaboratively with the HR team as well as all client groups to ultimately support and coordinate human resources functions and initiatives.
Our ideal candidate is professional, business focused, calm under pressure, a multi-tasker, sees all sides of the situation and is comfortable asking the right questions to help support the business needs. The successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced environment, where change is part of the everyday.
- Provide day-to-day support to Managers and Employees within the assigned client group(s) on all HR related matters
- Serve as the first point of contact within the assigned client group(s) on all payroll, benefits, and policy inquiries
- Assist and provide guidance to Managers within the assigned client group(s) on employee relations issues (conflicts, disputes, performance management)
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and trends to drive departmental initiatives
- Identify, gather and provide requirements to help with the development of HR policies, programs, and initiatives and participate in the implementation
- Coordinate the performance review process within the assigned client group(s) and ensure alignment with corporate initiatives.
- Promoting Health and Safety by ensuring compliance in partnership with General Managers
- Advising management and resolving employee relations issues in the day-to-day. If required, conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations and providing recommendations for conflict/issue resolution.
- Working closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Leading Human Resources projects assigned by Senior Manager, HR
- Manage multiple priorities in an energetic, fast-paced environment
- Working closely with regional facilities and traveling frequently to our various locations across Canada
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years in human resources
- Extensive knowledge of HR legislation and best practices in Canada
- Proficiency in MS Office, including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
- Strong screening and interviewing skills including behavioral interview techniques
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with employees and management
- Ability to handle situations professionally with sensitivity, diplomacy and tact
- Must be a team player
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce an asset
We are currently recruiting for two full-time permanent positions. One will be based out of Smiths Falls and the other will be based out of Smiths Falls and/or Kanata, supporting multiple sites in several regions. Travel is required.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.