Clarity Cannabis - Langford
Clarity Cannabis, a pharmacist-led company, is seeking an experienced and dynamic Retail Store Manager to head our Langford retail store. The Retail Store Manager must be capable of leading store operations staff and developing their talent. He or she needs a vision of success and an ability to inspire the same into team members. The successful candidate will have experience leading retail operations, measuring store performance, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
As the face of the store, the Manager must instill a company culture of learning, knowledge and a customer experience that is top-notch and proves customer retention.
The Clarity Cannabis Store Manager is responsible for managing all day-to-day operations of the store in accordance with BC Liquor and Cannabis Regulations, BC Employment Standards, Human Rights Legislation, and Standard Operating Procedures set by Clarity Cannabis.
Responsible for the overall profitability of the retail store by driving efficient operational excellence and industry-leading customer experiences. Working closely with, training and motivating Cannabis Consultants, the Retail Store Manager will provide a culture of knowledgeable, engaging, and trustworthy personnel to our customers.
- Motivate Cannabis Consultants by devising strategies designed to grow the store;
- Coordinate the development of key performance indicators for functions and direct reports;
- Provide leadership at all levels of the organization;
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining facility compliance, cleanliness and company etiquette;
- Communicate, embody and implement the company vision and values including all operational rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance the company’s vision, mission, and objectives;
- Train staff, coordinate and facilitate all transactions and operations of Point of Sale (POS) system;
- Manage, supervise and direct the activities of all assigned staff including scheduling, training, evaluating, and deciding upon hiring, disciplining, terminating, and advancing of employees;
- Oversee and maintain inventory control system and performance of required product counts;
- Maintain accurate records of all Retail store activities including daily cash reconciliations, customer records, sales, and returns in accordance with LCRB regulations;
- Develop goals for sales, service, and profit and lead staff to exceed them;
- Implement company policies and ensure staff adhere to best practices;
- Manage and inspire staff to deliver the highest level of customer service and experience;
- Review employee performance regularly and maintain employee records;
- Ensure the safety and satisfaction of all customers and employees;
- Ensure ongoing staff education on Cannabis products, strains, and consumption methods;
- Fulfill staffing needs and coordinate employee scheduling while minimizing direct costs;
- Liaise with law enforcement, LCRB Inspectors, landlords, and local community as needed;
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all strains and products in-store inventory as well as industry-wide product and trend knowledge.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a minimum 3 – 5 years retail management experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer-facing sales setting
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Security Verification via https://justice.gov.bc.ca/cannabislicensing/policy-document/worker-qualification-training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience training others in using Point of Sale systems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Impeccable time management
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to motivate others
- High level of ethics, values, integrity and trust
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekends and holidays
- Passion for Cannabis
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for the role.
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 3 years (Required)
- Cash Handling: 3 years (Preferred)
Language: English (Preferred)