High5 Retail - Duncan
We are looking to employ a knowledgeable and experienced Budtender to assist customers in selecting suitable cannabis products. The responsibilities of the Budtender include greeting and welcoming customers, informing the manager of customer complaints and operational issues, and sharing firsthand experiences of cannabis products to address customer concerns. You should also be able to answer customers’ questions regarding the different strains of cannabis, their medicinal uses, and methods of consumption.
- Advising customers on suitable cannabis products based on their needs, preferences, budgets, and reactions to different strains of cannabis.
- Keeping abreast of new cannabis products on the market as well as the latest industry trends through trade shows and research.
- Processing customers’ payments using the dispensary’s Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensuring that the dispensary is clean and well-organized at all times.
- Educating customers on the safe use of their selected cannabis products.
- Correctly weighing, packaging, and labeling cannabis products as required.
- Checking customers’ identification documents to verify that they are of legal age.
- Taking inventory of cannabis products and ensuring that the sales floor is adequately stocked.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working as a Budtender.
- A valid security verification from the British Columbia Liquor and Cannabis Branch
- Sound knowledge of cannabis strains
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, Word, and POS systems.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR VALID SECURITY VERIFICATION.
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
To keep our staff as safe as possible we have clear barriers sent in place. We also have social distancing signs displayed, as well as cleaning supplies/hand-sanitizer readily available. We also encourage staff to wear their masks and gloves
- customer service : 1 year (Preferred)
- Cannabis Security Verification (Required)