The Production Technician reports to the Assistant Manager Production and is part of a team responsible for caring for our crops to help produce quality cannabis that will help improve the lives of our patients! Please note that the duties and responsibilities of this role are performed in an indoor facility.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Production Leads, the Production Technician will assist in:
- Perform DAILY crop maintenance (repetitious duty, every day)
- Propagation, potting, and harvesting of cannabis cuttings as per Standard Operating
- Procedures and in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Set up production materials required for harvest
- Perform root ball removal (post-harvest)
- Move plants from one location to another
- Observe the health of the plant and alert the Lead of observations; attention to detail is important to ensure the qualify of the life of the plants
- Harvest preparation and trimming
- Crop rotation
- Ensure cleanliness of the production area by effectively setting-up, operating, and taking-down all sanitation equipment
- Wash, sanitize tools and equipment
- Work safely to protect yourself and your co-workers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Grade 9 education required
- Comfortable working in a job that has standardized processes, can be routine in nature, and can remain attentive throughout shifts up to 12 hours long.
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Must be able to physically lift 40 lbs regularly throughout the day.
- Work experience in a greenhouse or production line is preferable.
- Horticulture experience is an asset or genuine desire to work with plants
“Can-do” attitude and enjoys working on a team
- Can give and take feedback in a positive manner
- Once trained, capable of multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills considered an asset
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What we offer:
- Compensation: $17.50 per hour for FT Permanent
- Benefits: Employer-paid premiums for health, dental, and medical benefits.
- Company RSP program matches up to 3% of wages earned in a year.