Quality Control Inspector under direction of the QC Lead is accountable for quality monitoring and quality control of Cannabis production processes in strict compliance with the Cannabis Regulations, GMP, and GPP standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that all processing activities are carried out as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), at all times, to result consistent quality cannabis products.
• Enforcement of GMPs, GPPs, and Policies
• Enter samples, testing results, and other information into the ERP system.
• Conduct air monitoring, environmental monitoring, pH testing, lux monitoring, and other testing.
• Conduct equipment calibrations as required.
• Assist with development of QC programs, SOPs, records and policies
• Oversee sample shipment and result compilation for Stability studies
• Maintain and manage samples and prepare lab analysis of finished product
• Maintain lab and equipment including sanitation
• Review status of process materials and ensure proper control, release and transfer of materials for production through ERP System. Monitor and verify clone, plant and product transfer across cultivation rooms and vault. • Ensure that cannabis/ marijuana materials/ products are destroyed as per current approved SOPs in line with Cannabis Regulations • Perform Quality functions such as deviation/failure investigation, product sampling and retention, document control and record management to ensure process and product compliance. • Act as backup for QC Technicians & train new technicians • Other duties as assigned by QC Lead, QA Manager, or QAP
• BSc in Biological Sciences/ Pharmacy/ Food or post-secondary diploma in Science related technical discipline.
• Previous Health Canada Security Clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP) is considered as an asset.
• Previous experience in Quality Control in food, pharmaceutical, or related industries considered an asset.
• 1 to 5 years of experience in Quality Control
• Good understanding of and experience with GPP/GMP, HACCP
• High standard of computer literacy – especially Word and Excel • Ability to multitask as well as prioritize tasks
• Ability to work as a team member
• Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy
• Possess a high level of good judgment
• Proficient in English
• Knowledge of plant science, microbiology, horticulture, chemistry is an asset.
- Salary Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Security Clearance Security Clearance may be requested for this position.
- Working Hours Shift Work Physical Requirements Prolonged periods of standing, lift and carry up to 50lbs Directly Reports to Quality Control Lead