The Société québécoise du cannabis (SQDC) is a subsidiary of the Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ). It was created in June 2018, following passage of the Cannabis Regulation Act. Constituted as a business corporation, the SQDC is run independently from the SAQ.
Our mandate is primarily social, as it consists of selling cannabis in Quebec while prioritizing the health and safety of our customers. To that end, the SQDC undertakes to sell quality, lower-risk products and to inform and educate users on how to minimize the health impacts of cannabis consumption.
The SQDC offers an online sales service in more than a dozen points of sale. We plan to expand our network at the pace needed to meet market needs.
Our mandate is to sell non-medical cannabis responsibly in Quebec while making the health and safety of our customers a priority. Our mission is, first and foremost, social. In general, our goal is to be a government corporation that :
- fulfills an important social mission
- aims to protect the health of its customers
- is committed to being socially responsible
- contributes to cannabis prevention and research
- ensures the safety and well-being of its employees, and
- recognizes employees’ work and contribution.